We take time to understand the needs of the farmer. Our approach to farming businesses recognises your unique circumstances. Farming, unlike many other commercial enterprises, is a specialist business with unique practices and conventions.
We recognise that farming is not just a business to our clients, but a way of life, and as such our approach to each client is tailored to meet their individual needs and objectives. By listening to and understanding our clients’ needs and hopes, we have developed a working method that centres around a relationship of trust and commitment. Our clients know that their accounts are in order and can trust that we are there to help whatever may come.
Tax Planning is Vital
Agriculture tends to be capital intensive, so the approach to your business structure is important. What was the best structure for a firm 10 or even 5 years ago, may not be the case now. Considerations of succession and capital tax planning (both inheritance tax and capital gains tax) may be vital.
Reducing Tax Liabilities
We specialise in agricultural and rural affairs supporting a range of farming, horticultural and rural businesses, working closely with you to make the most of the tax planning opportunities and reducing tax liabilities. We apply a range of tax saving procedures and by careful planning, ensure that you pay the minimum amount of tax. Some examples where savings can be made are outlined below.
Business Planning Services
Experienced, expert advisors will work with you as part of your team, responding to your needs and ambitions to deliver solutions appropriate to you. We have developed our accounts so that they clearly identify key performance indicators, enabling you to benchmark your performance against standard industry statistics. We use the Gross Margin model of accounts to support management decisions. We will work closely with you and your advisors to make the most of the tax planning opportunities – reducing tax liabilities wherever possible.
We can also help in the development of your business by providing:
• Budget and cashflow forecasting, including presentation to your bank if required
• Statutory audited accounts, incorporating gross margin management accounts
• Business reviews
• Farm strategy decisions – such as contracting farming arrangements and machinery sharing schemes.
• Reviewing financial arrangements on capital expenditure
• Company secretarial assistance
• Tax planning for all forms of business
• Payroll and bookkeeping services
• Assistance in the setting up of computer accounting packages
• Whether you are looking for basic accounts and taxation services or looking to improve your bottom line (by enhancing performance, squeezing costs or diversifying into new areas), we are here to help.