In conjunction with Ryan Price from Business Advisory Solutions we provide a range of evaluation services including the execution of external evaluations. Having worked with Ryan at PricewaterhouseCoopers we have developed an in-depth knowledge and expertise that has benefited clients across all sectors.
Information Systems Advisory Service
Business Advisory Solutions have a proven track record in assisting clients with the implementation and installation of appropriate Management Information Systems, from small off the shelf packages to large bespoke programs. Businesses need to keep up to date with ever changing technology and ensure they harness the efficiencies modern IT systems can bring.
Ryan Price FCA
Ryan Price is a Chartered Accountant with over 12 years
experience in Finance Systems Consulting and over 19
years experience in the field of accountancy. Prior to establishing
Business Advisory Solutions, Ryan worked for PwC
leading their SME finance systems consulting team.
Ryan has an in-depth knowledge of best practice use of finance/
ERP systems and reporting applications which enables
him to help clients gain insight into the financial performance
of their organisation quickly and cost effectively.
He has experience across a very broad range of industries
including professional services, IT, finance, manufacturing,
retail, tourism, property, construction and charities.
Alison Price FCCA
Alison Price is a Chartered Certified Accountant with over 15
years experience in Finance Systems and accountancy.
Alison has worked in Business Advisory Solutions for the
past year, having spent the previous 7 years working for
Deloitte in their Finance Systems Consulting practice, advising
both private sector and public sector clients on finance/
ERP systems issues from procurement through to management
reporting. Prior to joining Deloitte, Alison worked for 7
years in accounts departments within the public sector.
Alison is also an accredited Prince 2 Practitioner (project
Business Advisory Solutions
We are not tied to any software providers and do not earn commissions from sales of any software.
With in-depth expertise and experience of finance systems and finance business processes.
Of knowledge across a wide range of finance systems.
Strong track record of delivering successful and cost effective business solutions at competitive market rates.
• Sage50 & Instant
• TAS Books
• Quickbooks Online
• Microsoft Dynamics NAV
• Microsoft Dynamics AX
• Sage Line 100/MMS/200
• Sage 500/1000
• Pegasus Opera
• Access Accounts
• IRIS Exchequer
• Oracle Financials ERP
• Business Objects
• Oracle Discoverer
Although computerised finance systems have been around for many years, it is widely recognised that many businesses continue to experience difficulty in generating the reliable and timely information required to support management decision making. Typical challenges are:
• Extensive use of spreadsheets and/or significant manual re-work in obtaining the information needed to manage your business.
• Multiple systems that are not integrated resulting in process inefficiency, data re-keying and preventing a single view of business performance.
• Sub-optimal finance business processes.
• Lack of awareness of best fit finance and reporting applications for your business.
• Unreliability of reports and/or the requirement for substantial manual work in creating management reports.
• Inconsistent monthly results (significant swings between profit and loss).
• Numerous year-end adjustments by accountants .
At Business Advisory Solutions, we help organisations to overcome these challenges, maximise the value delivered by their finance systems and achieve a genuine return on the investment made in the finance function. We provide finance system consultancy advice to midmarket enterprises, small and medium sized businesses, including family and owner-managed businesses, charities and not-for-profit organisations, and smaller public sector bodies.With over 18 years of experience, Business AdvisorySolutions provides clients with a combination of accounting skills, finance system expertise and pragmatic advice which will help them manage and grow their businesses.
Our Range of Services
All of our services are delivered by Chartered or Chartered Certified Accountants who have extensive technology and finance system experience blended with a knowledge of good practice finance processes. We offer the followingrange of services:
• Independent specification and selection of accounting / ERP systems.
• End to end implementation of accounting/ERP and payroll systems.
• Review of existing finance systems and processes and recommendations for improvement and optimisation of your current system.
• Design and implementation of good-practice, efficient business processes.
• Coaching/training/mentoring and the provision of ongoing support for the staff using the finance systems within the business.
• Assistance with definition and development of reporting/management information.
• Development of automated management reporting tools and dashboards which make use of electronic data links (ranging from Microsoft Excel® and Microsoft Access® to dedicated BI software).
• Training on good practice use of Microsoft Office® products; in particular Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft Word® and Microsoft Access®.
• Business Intelligence software (requirements, selection and implementation).
• Development of bespoke management information applications using Microsoft Excel® ;.
• Production of financial models for business plans and ongoing decision making.
• Provision of management accounting support on a monthly, quarterly or yearly basis to support organisations who do not employ a full-time accountant.
• Interim management roles for finance and systems management.
• Project Management support from qualified PRINCE 2 Practitioners.
The end goal
Accounting and ERP systems can be much more than mere administrative tools and data stores. They should be used as a means of gaining real competitive advantage through the generation of meaningful management information. Even with a modest budget, a business can achieve relevant, timely and useful information on actual performance with comparison to forecast and prior year performance.